This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that the OurFamilyWizard website does not own or control, or to people that the OurFamilyWizard website does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
The OurFamilyWizard website collects personally identifiable information when you register for an OurFamilyWizard website account, when you use certain OurFamilyWizard website products or services, when you visit OurFamilyWizard website pages, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes.
The OurFamilyWizard website is a web site designed to facilitate the management of your family’s life through features which include but are not limited to Calendaring and the management of information such as Addresses, Babysitters, Child Care Providers, Doctors, Activities, Emergency Contacts, Religious Information, Health Details, Immunizations, School Information, Vital Statistics, and Financial Information. While the information within these classifications may be required for the use of specific services or features of the OurFamilyWizard website web site, you are not required to use all of the services and features. Once you register with the OurFamilyWizard website and register for our services, you are not anonymous to us.
The OurFamilyWizard website also receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, OurFamilyWizard cookie information and the page you requested.
The OurFamilyWizard website uses information to customize the content you see, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, to provide electronic notification services for events in your calendar and to provide billing information to the OurFamilyWizard Accounts Receivable department.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
The OurFamilyWizard website will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
EU Resident Rights under the GDPR
These disclosures apply only to our processing of Personal Information within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) from one or more of the European Union Member States plus Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway (together known as the “European Economic Area” or “EEA”).
The GDPR went into effect on May 25, 2018. As a resident of the EU or EEA, you have certain rights with respect to the processing of your personal data, including:
- Access. You have the right to know if we are processing personal data about you and, if so, to access and obtain a copy of personal data about you, as well as information relating to the processing of that data.
- Correction. You have the right to have us promptly correct or update any personal data about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erasure. You have the right to request deletion or erasure of your personal data in a number of circumstances as required by law, including when no longer need the personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, you have withdrawn consent or, when we are relying on legitimate interests as a legal basis, and your rights override our legitimate interests.
- Portability. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and to have it transmitted to another controller. This right only occurs where we are relying on your consent or performance of a contract as our legal basis and the processing is carried out automatically.
- Restriction of Processing. You have the right to restrict or limit the ways in which we process your personal data when you contest the accuracy of the personal data, when your data has been obtained by us unlawfully, when you have objected to our processing of the data and we are considering whether to cease processing, or when we no longer need to process the personal data.
- Withdrawal of Consent. When we rely on consent as the basis for processing personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
- Objection. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data when we are relying on legitimate interests as our legal basis and your rights override our legitimate interests in processing their personal data. You also have the right to object to our processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Complaint. You have the right to make a complaint about our personal data handling practices to your local Supervisory Authority.
The data that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") in particular (without limitation) the United States. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of our contractual obligations, the processing of your payment details, and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing.
We may collect and store personal data on any device you use, using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
The OurFamilyWizard website gives you the ability to edit your OurFamilyWizard website account information and preferences at any time, including whether you want OurFamilyWizard to contact you about special promotions and new products.
Your OurFamilyWizard website Account Information is password protected for your privacy and security.
Because of the sensitivity of information stored on the OurFamilyWizard website, the OurFamilyWizard website uses not only industry standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions, but also uses Transparent Data Encryption and Redaction to protect data during storage and access inside of our database.
The OurFamilyWizard website may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have suggestions, complete a feedback form, or send an email to: