Access documents via MyFiles
Stay connected to your most important co-parenting documents, videos, photos, and other files from anywhere. The MyFiles section of the Info Bank is where you can access all of the files that your co-parent or practitioners have shared with you, as well as any files you've uploaded to share or keep private.
In this tutorial:
Accessing and Viewing MyFiles
To find your MyFiles section, tap the file cabinet or Info Bank icon in the app's main navigation menu. Next, tap MyFiles from the list of sections you are presented. Tap any file on this list to open and view it.
Different types of files you may see in your MyFiles list include:
- Receipts attached to expenses
- Documents attached to messages
- Attachments uploaded with Journal entries
- Any files you uploaded directly to your MyFiles section when logged into your account via the OFW website.
Your MyFiles list will include every file that you have uploaded to OurFamilyWizard. This includes any files you shared with your co-parent, practitioners, or other family members, plus any files you kept private for your own records. Additionally, your MyFiles list will also include every file that your co-parent or practitioners have shared with you.
Look to the right of each file row in this list to see whether the file was shared or kept private by you. If the file was shared, the initials of the family members you shared it with will be displayed.
By default, your MyFiles list will be displayed by date with the most recently uploaded files at the top of the list.
To re-sort this list, tap Date in the top bar of your MyFiles list. This will reveal your sorting options.
- Sort by Date: View your files list from newest to oldest or vice versa. The blue caret next to Date in the top bar of your MyFiles list indicates how you are currently viewing the list. An upward-facing caret indicates that you're viewing the files from oldest to newest, and a downward-facing caret indicates that you're viewing the files from newest to oldest.
- Sort by Name: View your list of files in alphabetical order by file name. The blue caret next to Name in the top bar of your MyFiles list indicates how you are currently viewing the list. An upward-facing caret indicates that you're viewing the files in alphabetical order, and a downward-facing caret indicates that you're viewing the files in reverse alphabetical order.
Filters help you view only files that meet certain specifications. You can filter your MyFiles list by:
- Date range: View entries within a specified date range. This date range will refer to the date on which a file was added.
- Type: View files by file type. You can filter to view image files, video files, or all other file types (i.e., PDFs).
- Permissions: View shared files, private files that you've uploaded, or privileged files (files that were shared with only select practitioners connected to you).
- Creator: View entries created by specific family members or practitioners, or select all.
To use filters:
- From your MyFiles list, tap the Filters icon at the bottom-centre of your screen.
- Set the filters you wish to use, then tap the blue button at the bottom of the screen to view the files that fit your specified filters.
- To remove filters from your search, tap Clear All at the top-right corner of the Filters menu.
Using the Search Function
Access the Search function by tapping the Search icon at the bottom-centre of your screen. Using the Search function, you can search and locate files based on keywords in file names. Your search must include at least 3 letters or numbers.